About this Job: Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.On behalf of one of our Tanzania-based clients, we are looking for a competent and experienced Industrial Relations Supervisor, about EACOP.EACOP is a 1,443km crude oil export pipeline that will transport Uganda’s crude oil from Kabaale – Hoima in Uganda to the Chongoleani peninsula near Tanga port in Tanzania.
EPCM will support EACOP partners led by international French company TotalEnergies, through the execution and delivery of the project.Job BriefThe Industrial Relations Supervisor role will work across the organization to provide Industrial / Employment Relations advice to line managers, including detailed advice and coaching to managers on employee relations matters. Additionally, they will provide support to Business Partners on other related matters such as recruitment, entitlements, and grievance process.The Industrial Relations Supervisor will report to the Human Resources Manager.
Role And Responsibilities.
- Advise and support managers, enabling them to effectively manage their people by providing first-level advice on employee relations issues including sickness, capability, conduct and grievance, and advising on risk, escalating more complex queries to an appropriate Business Partner as necessary.
- Liaise with employment agents on immigration, visa and compliance process ensuring updated knowledge on immigration and visa changes is communicated.
- Coordination of local induction and onboarding process for project personnel.
- Work with administrative and recruitment teams to ensure seamless and efficient customer focused service.
- Liaise with Client and Contractor Industrial Relations teams.
- Responsible for liaising with Agencies and Local Partners advising on people processes including but not limited to:
- Performance management
- Starters and leavers
- Contractual changes
- Employment benefits
- Sickness information
- Recruitment and induction
- Contribute to the production of reports offering insights required by management related to Industrial / Employee Relations
- Keep abreast of changes to employment legislation and internal policies
- Work within a multi-cultural business framework and provide ethical and compliant support.
- Mentor exemplary behaviour regarding HSE, Ethics and Company “Code of Conduct” policy
Qualification and experience required:
- Degree or similar within HR, Industrial Relations or Business field
- 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Membership of professional association an advantage
- Knowledge of local Employment law and work practices
- Employee Relations
- Recruitment Cycle
- Previous experience/ knowledge of local Immigration law and rules
- Competency within industry applications such as SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel as and when required
- High level of safety awareness
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements associated with HR and Employee Relations
- Previous experience working with multicultural contractors’ and reporting their HSE performance.
- Staff management experience
- Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities
Application procedure: All candidates who meet the criteria outlined above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes by 24th March 2023This position is open to locals only. For any further clarifications call 0692 961 040Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION. Powered by JazzHRQ6v1jmIPpG