The Institute of Finance Management (IFM) is a higher education institution located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It was established in 1972 as a training center for bankers and has since grown to offer a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in finance, accounting, management, and other related fields.
IFM is accredited by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and offers both undergraduate and graduate programs. Its undergraduate programs include a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting, Finance, and Marketing, while its graduate programs include a Master of Business Administration (MBA), a Master of Science in Accounting and Finance, and a Master of Science in Economics.
IFM’s vision is to be a leading center of excellence in finance and business management education, research, and consultancy in Africa. Its mission is to provide quality education and training in finance, business management, and related fields through teaching, research, and consultancy services.
IFM is committed to producing graduates who are equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the competitive business world. It has a strong emphasis on practical training, and its programs are designed to prepare students for careers in the financial services industry, government, and other related sectors.
IFM Entry Requirements
The entry requirements for each program at IFM are determined by the Admission Committee, which sets standards based on the curriculum and minimum requirements outlined by regulatory bodies like NACTE/TCU and collaborative partners for programs that are jointly administered.
Bachelor’s degree programs
For Bachelor’s degree programs, applicants must present proof of completing Ordinary and Advanced level Secondary School Education or equivalent or have completed programs at the National Technical Award (NTA) up to Level 6.
Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE)
Applicants with an Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) can apply through the Direct Entry Mode. They must have two principal passes with a total of 4.0 points from two subjects defining admission into the respective program. A pass in Mathematics in Form six is required for admission to the Bachelor of Accounting, Bachelor of Banking and Finance, and Bachelor of Taxation programs.
Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance
For a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance, a pass in Advanced Mathematics, BAM, Accounts, or Economics, or a Credit pass at O’level is required, while Physics and Mathematics passes are required for the Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Applicants for the Bachelor of Information Technology must have two passes in scientific subjects, such as Physics, Advanced Mathematics, or Chemistry.
Applicants with an Ordinary Diploma or equivalent qualifications must have at least five passes at the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (Form Four), including Mathematics and English, and at least a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 at NTA-Level 6 (Ordinary diploma). The study leading into NTA 6 should be conducted in at least three years for Form Four leavers or two years for Form six leavers.
Basic Technician Certificate
For the Basic Technician Certificate Program, admission requirements require applicants to have completed the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination with at least four passes, where a ‘pass grade’ is any grade score equivalent to a ‘D’ or higher.
How to apply to The Institute of Finance Management (IFM)
To apply to the Institute of Finance Management (IFM), follow the steps below:
- Visit the IFM website: Go to the official IFM website at www.ifm.ac.tz and navigate to the Admissions section.
- Choose the program: Select the program you want to apply for from the list of available programs.
- Check the admission requirements: Review the admission requirements for the program you are interested in. Make sure you meet the minimum requirements before applying.
- Obtain an application form: Download and fill out the application form from the IFM website or collect it from the IFM admission office.
- Complete the application form: Fill out the application form accurately and completely. Ensure that all required documents are attached, including your academic transcripts, a copy of your national ID or passport, and any other required documents.
- Pay the application fee: Pay the required application fee, which can be done through a bank transfer or directly at the IFM admission office.
- Submit the application: Submit the completed application form and all required documents to the IFM admission office either in person or via email.
- Check your application status: After submitting your application, you can check your application status online through the IFM website.
It is important to note that the application process and requirements may vary depending on the program you are applying for. Therefore, it is essential to carefully review the admission requirements and follow the instructions provided by the IFM admission office.
Here is the contact information for the Institute of Finance Management (IFM):
Institute of Finance Management
P.O. Box 3918, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
IFM Mwananyamala Campus,
Shaaban Robert Street, Mwananyamala,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
+255 22 270 0021
+255 22 277 4983
+255 22 277 4956
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Social Media: IFM has official social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. You can follow or connect with them for the latest news and updates.