Mixmax is the #1 product helping Revenue teams to become automatically proactive by eliminating busywork for a flawless customer experience. The RoleThe opportunityMixmax is the #1 product helping Revenue teams to become automatically proactive by eliminating busywork for a flawless customer experience. We’ve just hit $12 million in annual revenue and we’re profitable! We just raised more money and are investing more to accelerate growth.
We’re looking for great people to help us ship high-quality features to meet the needs of bigger customers. We’re hiring product-focused staff engineers with the deep backend or frontend expertise and strong attention to detail and robust long-term solutions. As a Staff Engineer, you’ll have influence in the next generation of Mixmax features, scale distributed systems to handle millions of events, and drive quality across a large codebase, all as part of a globally distributed team. You’ll also be responsible for improving and strengthening the foundation of our system, up-skilling our engineering teams, addressing our organizational security needs, and make decisions about our architecture.
Teams topologyMixmax has 4 cross-functional product teams in charge of developing reliable, robust, bug-free, cost effective solutions focused on Business goals.Those teams have dedicated Engineering Manager, Product Manager, Designer and Frontend/Backend engineers.There are also enablement teams helping to achieve high performing standards as Platform, UX, QA or Data.As an Staff Engineer you will collaborate with other Staff engineer to work in cross-team initiatives and standards, create and lead multi-quarter technical roadmap and improving Technical and Business metrics with impact in our Product.Product tech stack is Node, Mongodb, React, and AWS products running in a micro-services architecture. Your role must help to level up all quality attributes of our systems such as maintainability, availability, security, scalability, etc.
Within Three Months, You’ll
- Work with Node/React/Scripts, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Terraform, and AWS;
- Make impactful improvements to our production infrastructure; and
- Demo your advance to the entire engineering department!
Within Six Months, You’ll
- Contribute to the development of critical cross-team initiatives while working closely with other engineers;
- Work with development teams to improve our architectural patterns, scalability, and developer experience; and
- Contribute to the culture of a growing department.
Ideal ProfilePreferred Skills And Background
- Worked in a distributed codebase with microservices and shared modules;
- Mixmax is still growing fast, so we love new teammates who strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding their technical abilities.
- We take pride in the quality of our work, so we’re looking for engineers with experience maintaining and supporting the systems they’ve built.
- We’re a distributed team working in multiple time zones, so excellent documentation and communication skills are paramount!
It’s Also Awesome (But 100% Not a Requirement!) For You To Have
- Familiarity with secondary tools in our tech stack, like Elasticsearch or Datadog;
- Worked on a Salesforce integration; and/or
- The ability to refer other great engineers to come work at Mixmax! 😉
What’s on Offer?
- Great work environment
- Work within a company with a solid track record of success
- Flexible working options
Company name; Mixmax
Location; Tanzania Remote
Full-time · Mid-Senior level
51-200 employees · Software Development
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR A JOB; Staff Engineer